Join us on Tuesday and Thursday evenings by the Chinese Pavilion in Victoria Park, Riversdale, Saskatoon. It is the perfect backdrop for our summer Qigong in the Park classes! We will meet in Victoria Park near the Chinese pavilion that is directly south of Spadina Drive between Avenue C and D.
Qigong is an ancient Chinese exercise and healing technique that coordinates body posture and movement, breathing and meditation. People practice qigong throughout China and worldwide for recreation, exercise, relaxation, preventive medicine, self-healing, alternative medicine, meditation, self-cultivation and training for martial arts.
What Do I Need To Bring?
- Wear a mask to and from each class.
- Arrive early so that class may start on time without disruption.
- Talk to the instructor about pre-existing physical conditions before class.
- Qigong is best practiced in bare feet.
- You do not require a yoga mat, but you may bring water and sunscreen.
- Respect social distancing of 2 metres.
- Masks are not required during class if social distancing is respected.
- There will be no hands on adjustments, only vocal cues.
What Will We Be Learning?
Each week we will practice a different Qigong form. Don’t worry if you don’t know any Qigong. We will walkthrough the entire form each night so you can come to one class or all the classes without falling behind. Here is the list of forms that we will study for the upcoming weeks.
- June 1 & 3– Ma Wang Dui
- June 8 & 10 – Ba Duan Jin
- June 15 & 17 – Yi Jin Jing
- June 22 & 24 – NO CLASSES
- June 29 & July 1 – Wu Qin Xi
- July 6 & 8 – Da Wu
- July 13 & 15 – Dragon and Tiger
- July 20 & 22 – Ma Wang Dui
- July 27 & 29– Ba Duan Jin
- August 3 & 5 – Yi Jin Jing
- August 10 & 12 – Wu Qin Xi
- August 17 & 19 – Da Wu
- August 24 & 26 – Dragon and Tiger
For more information about Qigong in the Park, contact Sirius Health Fitness Studio at (306) 700-5115.