This holiday season, cultivating gratitude feels more important — and timelier — than ever. Proven to reduce stress levels, increase mental wellbeing and promote physical health, a daily gratitude practice can help you keep a positive perspective on life and improve your emotional wellness. That’s why we’ve collected 15 quotes to help you feel thankful during yet another Thanksgiving in a pandemic.
Finding Things to Be Grateful For
What you focus on tends to grow, so taking time out of your day to find things to be grateful for can only bring you more health, abundance, positivity, or whatever it is you’re hoping to cultivate right now.
If you’re looking for some inspiration to get started on your gratitude journey, here are 15 thankful quotes for Thanksgiving that will motivate you to adopt a more positive outlook.
Quotes to Help You Feel Thankful This Thanksgiving
1. “Gratitude is riches. Complaint is poverty.” – Doris Day
2. “For my part, I am almost contented just now, and very thankful. Gratitude is a divine emotion: it fills the heart, but not to bursting; it warms it, but not to fever.” – Charlotte Brontë
3. “Wear gratitude like a cloak, and it will feed every corner of your life.” – Rumi
4. “Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” – Marcel Proust
5. “Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.” – Epicurus
6. “Cultivate the habit of being grateful for every good thing that comes to you, and to give thanks continuously. And because all things have contributed to your advancement, you should include all things in your gratitude.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
7. “Let gratitude be the pillow upon which you kneel to say your nightly prayer. And let faith be the bridge you build to overcome evil and welcome good.” – Maya Angelou
8. “If the only prayer you said was thank you, that would be enough.” – Meister Eckhart
9. “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” – Oprah Winfrey
10. “Gratitude is a quality similar to electricity: It must be produced and discharged and used up in order to exist at all.” – William Faulkner
11. “Who does not thank for little will not thank for much.” – Estonian Proverb
12. “Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.” – Robert Brault
13. “Piglet noticed that even though he had a Very Small Heart, it could hold a rather large amount of Gratitude.” – A.A. Milne
14. “What separates privilege from entitlement is gratitude.” – Brené Brown
15. “Gratitude will shift you to a higher frequency, and you will attract much better things.” – Rhonda Byrne