Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Bars
These lovely treats are simple and quick to make with only six ingredients often found in the pantry. They can be enjoyed warm straight from the oven, or when cooled and the chocolate has set. They last for a few days in an airtight container, but in my house, they never last that long. 😊 Simply delicious!
1.5 cup (350 ml) quick or rolled oats
3 medium-sized ripe bananas
¼ cup (60 ml) coconut oil
2 tsp. baking powder
¼ cup (60 ml) pumpkin seeds
¼ cup (60 ml) chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F / 180C.
- Mix oats, bananas, coconut oil and baking powder in a food processor for about a minute until combined.
- Take out the food processor blade and stir in half the pumpkin seeds and chocolate chips.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Using a spatula, spread out the batter to a rectangle 18 x 22 cm in size. Sprinkle the remaining pumpkin seeds and chocolate chips and gently press into the batter. Using a knife, score the batter into 8 bars.
- Bake for 23-24 minutes until the edges are golden brown. Enjoy! 😊
Kamilla Joenvik is a vegan recipe developer who makes easy and yummy food bursting with vibrantly colourful ingredients. She shows how anyone can make healthy food from scratch with natural ingredients. Follow Kamilla on Instagram for more recipes!